Sunday, May 3, 2009

starvin marvin

Love me some post-church brunch!

As usual, I didn’t eat before communion and as usual I came home from church RAVENOUS. Soooo I whipped up something I’ve been craving for awhile…

DSCF0859

french toast!

I made a batter with 1 egg, a splash of milk, and cinnamon, all beaten together, and I dredged the last of my spelt bread (the two heels) in it and fried ‘em in cooking spray.

Since there was leftover batter, I added 1 tbsp of flour to it and made myself a pancake!

DSCF0860

It was distinctively eggy, but that is not a bad thing at all in my book!

To accompany, I had YUMMY fruit salad! Thawed frozen blackberries, 1/2 a banana, chopped up, and a great big kiwi.

DSCF0861     

Those ingredients are all nutritional powerhouses too- I have potassium, antioxidants, and vitamin C in spades!

Here’s everybody all together:

DSCF0858  

I topped the french toast and pancake with more Trader Joe’s cran apple butter <3

I also added some slivered almonds, because my foodie friend and I had a long talk about how awesome french toast was, and she mentioned that she topped hers with almonds (she is in general a big almond person- she’s big on heart health!)

On the side, of course, my usual cup of tea for energy. I still feel like it might be a good day for a nap, though!

And then I have a blogger meetup tonight! Very exciting!

No comments: