Friday, May 15, 2009

buildup to the beach

Dinner last night was BEACH FOOD!

Mom left me a note in the morning to say she was marinating JERK CHICKEN! YUMMMMMMM!

DSCF1032

Just chicken tenderloins, marinated in an impressively natural marinade (just onions, peppers, and spices!), and  broiled.

I took it upon myself to make beachy sides!

First we have pineapple slaw:

DSCF1033

Cabbage, green onion, chopped pineapple, the accumulated pineapple juice from the pineapple tupperware, lime juice, and Sriracha. YUM!

I also made Cooking Light oven fries- just slice into fry shapes, coat with cooking spray and sprinkle with kosher salt, and bake at 450 for 20 minutes per side or so (I sliced mine small, so I did the second side for more like 15).

DSCF1034

Aren’t those GORGEOUS?!

I put kind of a ridiculous amount of thought into my afternoon snack yesterday afternoon and it ended up being ridiculously simple.

A highlight of it was my coffee, one because my mom taught me how to make really delicious coffee in a home coffee maker (we always grind our own beans and do 2 T of beans for one serving, which is a bit strong for some but I think is awesome), and two because I nabbed some hazelnut creamer from the bakery yesterday, and as gross and unnatural as it is I *love* hazelnut creamer.

DSCF1028

Just look at that strange looking coffee! To accompany, I had protein and fiber, go me.

DSCF1029

3/4 of a gorgeous apple sliced up with cinnamon with some walnuts.

Breakfast this morning was kind of inspired. I freaking miss oatmeal! But all we have are those nasty flavored oatmeal packets. However, I had a stroke of genius and realized that basically all they are are oats (yay!) and added sugar and artificial flavoring (boo!). However, I realized that oats are THICK, so I dumped two packets into a strainer and pat pat patted and watched the artificial flavoring and sugar FALL OUT! GENIUS! All that was left was oats!

It ended up being about a 2/3 cup serving, raw. I topped with PB:

DSCF1035

And to accompany, a bit of cottage cheese and pineapple!

DSCF1036

I am going to be MIA for the next few days, as I am FINALLY leaving for the BEACH! I will try to take lots of peektures of the delicious food I’ll be eating!

No comments: