Thursday, May 7, 2009

closing stretch

I will be home in less than 48 hours. YESSSS.

Lunch was one of those meals that I didn’t know what I wanted, so I just wandered around to various on-campus eating places til I was STARVING, and like SPRINTED home to throw the rest of this meal together.

And it tasted REALLY GOOD, but probably at that point anything would have, thus defeating the point of me being so wishy-washy about it. I’m a Libra. I can’t make decisions.

 DSCF0931

Healthy veggie-beef soup, the whole wheat roll that came with it, and salad.

DSCF0932

The salad was mixed greens, 1/4 cup beans, and more of the tapas-style mushrooms broiled with mint, garlic, and olive oil. Broiling them was a giant pain and involved me burning myself, flinging mint everywhere, and shouting a lot of obscenities (my roommate is gone, so I’ve had a touch of tourettes between cooking mishaps and test anxiety).

Special shoutout to the plastic cup I’ve been using:

DSCF0933

Do other people love that show? I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that show! They were giving out random free stuff before the fall season last year. Oh BU and random free stuff.

My afternoon snack knew how sexy it was.

DSCF0934

Look at it, posing in the sunshine.

This was AWESOME and EXACTLY what I wanted (even though I initially had all this angst cause I was going to have TJ’s yogurt but it had gone bad!)

DSCF0935

Milk (to get the dairy I wanted), thawed-ish frozen blackberries in a nice milky bath, and a coffee at finals peanut butter cookie! I got it two nights ago so it had gotten a bit tough and the delicious blackberry milk helped perfectly revive it.

MAN that was good. It made me really really happy.

For dinner, I reheated some pasta stir fry I made back when I had pots and pans (to be clear, that’s the chicken sausage from last week but I froze and thawed it in between. There’s just a LOT of sausage in a pack, and you have to use or freeze it quickly, and I just don’t necessarily feel like having chicken sausage two meals a day for four days in a row).

DSCF0936

I warmed it up in the oven and felt SO old-school. I am pathetically dependent on my microwave. (That and my kettle, I already miss tea! I think I’m getting dehydrated, because usually I drink like three cups of tea a day to supplement my other liquids!)

No comments: