Sunday, August 23, 2009

light and simple

Due to going out for dinner three nights in a row and some not prudent and not particularly satisfying late night snacking, I feel like having small, simple plates today.

So rather than my usual post-Sunday brunch extravaganza, I had a two-parter.

First:

DSCF1925

Fruit salad (kiwi, orange, apple, banana, and the last of the blueberries, dressed in lemon juice and honey), another mind boggling Asian yam (looks like a regular potato, tastes like a sweet potato!) with plain yogurt and cinnamon.

After a pause that included a leisurely walk in the park, I enjoyed sustenance of both the couture and culinary varieties on the deck:

DSCF1926

Since I felt like La Wintour was watching me,  I went for a salad.

DSCF1928

This is a Caesar salad of sorts, for which I had a sudden random craving.

DSCF1927

Leftover chicken, mixed spring greens (I find Romaine a bit bland, plus they’re what we had), homemade croutons (stale bread that I cooking spray-ed and garlic salt-ed and then threw in a 400 degree oven til a bit browned), a sprinkling of Parmesan, and homemade dressing (lemon juice, red wine vin, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, and a bit mayo for thickness without the salmonella!)

No comments: