Tuesday, October 20, 2009

pearfection

Sandwich. of. Champions.

DSCF2499

Preheat broiler. Put thinly sliced pear (I used 1/2 for 2 slices of bread) on broiler pan lightly greased with cooking spray. Broil. In the meantime, spread two slices of bread with a wedge of laughing cow. When pears are brown on top, flip over and put on top of bread. Broil just a few seconds longer (just to crisp up bread edges, warm up cheese) and serve.

Perhaps you’ve heard I’m fond of caramelization?

DSCF2500  

I love cooked pears. It takes me back to my wonderful grandmother’s absolutely life alteringly delicious pear almond tart.

Since this was a (classy twist on) grilled cheese, I paired with the last of my tomato soup, as well as the other half of the pear, simply raw! It’s like the fancy restaurants: “pear two ways”.

DSCF2498

More awesome autumn fruit. Perhaps you’ve heard I have the best roommate ever?

DSCF2497

There are no words. Delicious is inadequate.

But there is an online accessible recipe! Enjoy.

2 comments:

Astra Libris said...

Pear grilled cheese? Oh my goodness, be still my fluttering heart... SO gorgeous! :-)

The Diva on a Diet said...

What a terrific idea, Lele! I love anything with melted cheese and I agree about the caramelization too. Yum! So doing this for lunch soon. :)