Thursday, October 1, 2009

chilly day chili

It’s vair rare that I get fast food, but if I have to resort to one of the Big 3 Burger joints, I definitely reject Micky D’s and Burger King (p.s. Burger King has THE MOST sanitation violations of any fast food chain) and I go for the Wendy’s.

They actually have a fair amount of REAL FOOD. Generally, I get two delicious things: a cup of chili, and a baked potato. (Well, and maybe a small Frosty :D)

That’s what I made for lunch on this brusque day!

DSCF2310 

The chili is Tabatchnik frozen chili. It’s kosher, vegetarian, has a gorgeous short ingredient list, and is delish. The potato is only PART of a MASSIVE farmer’s market yukon gold and was delicious (I had to cut out that middle bit that was kind of like extra potato skin? But whatever. Farmer’s market veggies may not be supermodels, but the taste is sooooooo superior!)

Cheese on top for calcium and general deliciousness (it seemed SO INDULGENT, but it was just shy of 1/4 cup shredded, which is 1 1-oz serving) and, durr, Sriracha.

4 comments:

Erika said...

I love chili in the fall winter. Especially on a sunday with some beer and a football game! :)

Jordan said...

Hahaha. I actually got a set of 4 of the ramekins from Ross for like $5. I love that place! Thanks for checking out my blog. I'll add you to my reader.

brandi said...

i love chili, especially in this weather.

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) said...

Mmm I'm excited for the cooler weather so that I can start eating warm foods!!