My lunch was heavy on the Trader Joe’s. Two products particularly of note:
CRANAPPLE BUTTER! YESSSSSSS! I have waited for that stuff since the slightest hint of autumn appeared. Also, a new tomato soup. They were out of my usual low-sodium tomato bisque. This one was not as good :(
Lunch incorporated both new purchases.
An open faced turkey sammie on TJ’s spelt (I needed a Nature’s Path break!) with CRANAPPLE BUTTER! Yay sweet and savory! Excellent, Thanksgiving-reminiscent sammie.
For warmth, the soup. It is soup weather here, for sure. I also had it for dinner last night and tonight, hah!
Yes, that would be my favorite smiley face mug. Everyone all together, with yog!
This lunch was quite SWEET. The soup was sweet tomato, the sammich had the cranapple butter, the yogurt was strawberry. I guess I was craving it?
Now to mix it up a bit, I thought I’d give people a bit of an insight into me, since I know my blog is a bit more food-centric.
- Where is your cell phone? I think it’s in my gym bag still. Must transfer to purse.
- Your hair? Brown and recently hacked off! I was in NYC, admiring the beautiful people and hating my own hair. We were on the upper west side and walked by a cute looking salon with dec prices, and I went in and said “I hate my hair, do whatever you want!”
- Your mother? The best. She would do anything for me.
- Your father? A little whacky.
- Your favorite food? I’m going to commit and put it on the record and say it’s gnocchi.
- Your dream last night? I had one! I know I did! But I can’t remember.
- Your favorite drink? Parisian hot chocolate.
- Your dream/goal? Win the lottery and be able to do whatever I want. I’m not saying money buys happiness, but what I really want is the financial cushion so that I can figure out what it is I want to do with my life without the rent looming.
- What room are you in? Hah, I have a tiny apartment. The living room/dining room/kitchen/guest room/tv room room.
- Your hobby? I’m a crossword puzzle fiend.
- Your fear? Air travel. HATE!
- Where do you want to be in 6 years? Haven’t a clue.
- Where were you last night? In transit back from PTown, then my apartment.
- Something you aren’t? Decisive. I like to think it’s because I’m a Libra- we’re the scaaales, we have to weiiigh everything.
- Muffins? The best ones I ever made were for sure the carrot-oatmeal-apricot ones. I am making those again, fo sho. In terms of purchased, that Union Square sweet potato muffin was UP THERE.
- Wish list item? A camera that isn’t horrible, an autumn coat that isn’t hardcore parka territory but is warmer than the hoodies I’ve been wearing
- Where did you grow up? Spokane, WA
- Last thing you did? Made tea
- What are you wearing? Jeans, a stained tee, and a man’s hoodie. I’ve looked better.
- Your TV? Ridiculously heavy. My dad got it for me, which was very sweet, but when a boy buys electronics, they always get the hugest, regardless if it’s practical.
- Your pets? My two beloved kitties at home.
- Your friends? I am actually surprised at how much I still cherish my high school friends, because I was expecting us to drift apart. My best friend is the bestesty best.
- Your life? I’m definitely in “get me out of here” mode about college.
- Your mood? Midterms are hanging over me
- Missing someone? the fam
- Vehicle? at home I drive a Camry.
- Something you’re not wearing? makeup. Almost never do.
- Your favorite store? In a dream world, Anthropologie. Their stuff is gorgey.
- Your favorite color? The green of growing things.
- When was the last time you laughed? My best friend’s here at the mo, so it’s pretty continual.
- Last time you cried? My lame birthday :(
- Your best friend? Lydia! She is on a chair next to me doing homework.
- One place that you go over and over? The park behind my house at home. I go there to turn my brain off.
- One person who emails me regularly? My aunt and I are on an email kick. We both have inappropriate senses of humor. It’s great!
- Favorite place to eat? In DC, Al Tiramisu in Dupont Circle. Absolutely serenely lovely.
There will be more NYC and Provincetown posts. My pictures are scattered over various peoples computers where I uploaded them for safekeeping so I could take new pictures, due to my lack of memory card.