Monday, September 21, 2009

toast soldiers

When I was a kid and I was sick, I’d sometimes go to my Grandma’s house. She’s English, and she called buttered toast, cut into long strips, “soldiers”. No idea why, but now there’s something about buttered toast cut into strips that takes me back to those peaceful childhood sick days. So I had some soldiers for breakfast.

DSCF2195

Along with, in your lower corner, a banana, and in your upper corner, Sudafed. Hah.

Fluids, cause that’s what you’re supposed to have when you’re sick:

DSCF2196

Pomegranate-cranberry juice (100% juice mix- the main ingredient is apple juice so it’s got the nice sweetness of a cranberry juice cocktail without all the crap) and tea with lemon and honey.

Ate that, went to class, went back to bed, just got up. Little by little, oi.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Feel better!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I hope you'll feel better soon!

Your toy soldiers are so cute! :) I love it when food brings back childhood memories... :)

fittingbackin said...

soldiers?! I love that - cute! They are very uniform!

Feel better!

grace said...

that is one awesome-looking banana--it's just how i like 'em. :) get well soon!

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said...

Aww hope you feel better soon!
That's so cute--I totally still do stuff like that from when I was a kid!