Tuesday, May 4, 2010

news

Good morning. Isn’t it a beautiful day? And a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful bowl of overnight oats? 

DSCN0003

Last night:

1/2 c. oats
1/2 a yogurt (split with my mama- Apple Goji flavored)
1/4 of an apple
1 T. Ruth’s Chia Goodness, cranberry ginger flavor (for sure my fave, with awesome pepitas and raisins and dried cranberries)
water to moisten everything enough to get it all combined

In the manana:

1.5 T. chopped walnuts
another T or so milk (for softening purposes)

DSCN0004

Man that is beautiful. So well lit. Dare I say unusually beautiful?

DSCN0005      

This picture reveals all (apologies for sucking at mirror photography. Clearly I need lessons from Ms. SnackFace):

life story

1. I got a new camera! Whoo! A Coolpix S3000. It took those lovely and crisp pictures. While I am still agonized about the camera I was stupid enough to leave on the plane, I wanted a good camera and I had the money (more on that in a moment). If I lose this one, I will officially never buy another camera again (and I will donate my brain to science so they can hopefully find a cure for the inability to learn from idiotic mistakes).

2. The shirt, for those who cannot read mirror images, says “Austin”. But Ileana, you have never been to Austin! Well that is true. This was a souvenir gift.
HOWEVER. Come May 18, that will no longer be true! I am off to Austin, TX, a city I have crushed on from afar for quite some time. I’m anticipating hot weather, friendly people, live music, and two steppin’. So stoked!
Moreover, you, dear readers, should get stoked because not only am I headed for a city known for locavore-ism and Tex-Mex (both things I strongly support) I am staying with my pastry chef cousin! Expect quality food blog material.

Finally, most importantly, 3.

What is the 3 indicating, you ask?

Well, actually, it indicates the absence of something, something that had been invisible and difficult to identify. The thing was a huuuuuuuuuuuge weight on my shoulders due to my joblessness.

But now… it is absent! I GOT A JOB! :D

Okay, so I’ve been so decisive and made all these plans… and cannot decide what I want for lunch. I’m going to go to the park and play with my new camera. Upon returning, on this hot summer day, should I have…

1. Cold noodle salad with peanut sauce, cucumber, and shredded carrot
2. Baked sweet potato with cottage cheese and cinnamon and nuts (also known, to me, as sweet potato pie)
or
3. Mexican pizza of homemade pita, Trader Joe’s black bean spread, cheese, and avocado?

[edit]

Went with the sweet potato.

   DSCN0022

Mmm roastey bliss. You just cannot get that tender sap-y goodness from a microwave.

Apologies for multiple photos of everything… you know how it is with a new (good!) camera…

DSCN0023

Let’s call this complete lunch “cottage cheese two ways”.

Savory is cottage cheese atop some spinach with Sriracha and Bragg’s sea kelp delight. Sweet is more cottage cheese atop a roasted sweet potato with cinnamon (hereinafter known as sweet potato pie, cause that’s what it tastes like).

DSCN0020

After I ate lunch, I just sprawled on the deck for a few.

DSCN0027

Watchin’ the clouds, listenin’ to the birdies:

DSCN0024

It’s quality relaxation. Smokeface got in on it too.

DSCN0026

13 comments:

Heather (Where's the Beach) said...

Congrats on the job! I say Mexican Pizza.

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen said...

I am moving to Austin in June. It is AMAZING!!!! You should look at my past blog entries to see some of the delicious food treats I had when I was there last :)


Congrats on the job!

Unknown said...

I live in Austin, if you ever want to have a food blogger meet up, let's do it ;-)

Definitely a lot of fun places to visit! :-)

Anonymous said...

way to go on the job! thanks for the comment on my blog...im gonna try and catch up with yours now!

runnerforever said...

A huge congrats on landing the job, not easy to do in this economy!
I vote for the Mexican Pizza!

Gabriela said...

Congrats on the job girl, that's amazing!! Yummy looking overnight oats, so tasty on a hot morning :)

MelindaRD said...

Congrats on the job!!! That is awesome.

Molly said...

CONGRATs on the job.. that is so incredibly exciting.. very proud of you lady!

and i think your mirror picture is just fine!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job! And on getting a new camera. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan D said...

Hooray for your job! Oh and I love your "sweet potato pie," looks tasty. I'm glad you like crosswords too! :)

Kait said...

Congrats on getting a job! I graduate on Saturday and am still in the process of looking/interviewing. I have 2 more next week so hopefully by then my weight will be gone as well!
Have a great day!

Rachana said...

Congrats on your job...