Good morning. Isn’t it a beautiful day? And a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful bowl of overnight oats?
1/2 c. oats
1/2 a yogurt (split with my mama- Apple Goji flavored)
1/4 of an apple
1 T. Ruth’s Chia Goodness, cranberry ginger flavor (for sure my fave, with awesome pepitas and raisins and dried cranberries)
water to moisten everything enough to get it all combined
In the manana:
1.5 T. chopped walnuts
another T or so milk (for softening purposes)
Man that is beautiful. So well lit. Dare I say unusually beautiful?
This picture reveals all (apologies for sucking at mirror photography. Clearly I need lessons from Ms. SnackFace):
1. I got a new camera! Whoo! A Coolpix S3000. It took those lovely and crisp pictures. While I am still agonized about the camera I was stupid enough to leave on the plane, I wanted a good camera and I had the money (more on that in a moment). If I lose this one, I will officially never buy another camera again (and I will donate my brain to science so they can hopefully find a cure for the inability to learn from idiotic mistakes).
2. The shirt, for those who cannot read mirror images, says “Austin”. But Ileana, you have never been to Austin! Well that is true. This was a souvenir gift.
HOWEVER. Come May 18, that will no longer be true! I am off to Austin, TX, a city I have crushed on from afar for quite some time. I’m anticipating hot weather, friendly people, live music, and two steppin’. So stoked!
Moreover, you, dear readers, should get stoked because not only am I headed for a city known for locavore-ism and Tex-Mex (both things I strongly support) I am staying with my pastry chef cousin! Expect quality food blog material.
Finally, most importantly, 3.
What is the 3 indicating, you ask?
Well, actually, it indicates the absence of something, something that had been invisible and difficult to identify. The thing was a huuuuuuuuuuuge weight on my shoulders due to my joblessness.
But now… it is absent! I GOT A JOB! :D
Okay, so I’ve been so decisive and made all these plans… and cannot decide what I want for lunch. I’m going to go to the park and play with my new camera. Upon returning, on this hot summer day, should I have…
1. Cold noodle salad with peanut sauce, cucumber, and shredded carrot
2. Baked sweet potato with cottage cheese and cinnamon and nuts (also known, to me, as sweet potato pie)
3. Mexican pizza of homemade pita, Trader Joe’s black bean spread, cheese, and avocado?
Went with the sweet potato.
Mmm roastey bliss. You just cannot get that tender sap-y goodness from a microwave.
Apologies for multiple photos of everything… you know how it is with a new (good!) camera…
Let’s call this complete lunch “cottage cheese two ways”.
Savory is cottage cheese atop some spinach with Sriracha and Bragg’s sea kelp delight. Sweet is more cottage cheese atop a roasted sweet potato with cinnamon (hereinafter known as sweet potato pie, cause that’s what it tastes like).
After I ate lunch, I just sprawled on the deck for a few.
Watchin’ the clouds, listenin’ to the birdies:
It’s quality relaxation. Smokeface got in on it too.