Thursday, March 26, 2009

little tastes

Just a couple pix from breakfast and lunch.

Breakfast I had some of this:

DSCF0360

Fiber One Honey Clusters! I have to say, I have always been kind of freaked out by the IDEA of Fiber One, and I know I already get a ridiculous quantity of fiber in my diet, so I definitely don’t need it. But yknow what?

DSCF0361

The honey clusters are delish! It’s like Honey Bunches of Oats, except it’s whole grain and actually I think the flakes are BETTER because they don’t get soggy!

I had this with skim milk, and also had a big banana.

Lunch I just have a teaser.

DSCF0362

Another lovely TJ’s whole grain tortilla with hummus, teensy bit of broccoli, green peppers, and carrots, skillfully wrapped in plastic to go in my lunch bag and off to work. I also had an apple, and a strawberry-kiwi light ‘n fit, which was meh. I tasted no kiwi.

For an afternoon snack, I had some Cranny Banany trail mix. They sell it in my school store, and I can’t remember what brand it is, but I’ll try to get a picture later, cause it is YUMMY! Raisins, dried cranberries, peanuts, pepitas, banana chips, almonds, walnuts, dried apples… think that’s it? It’s 170 calories for 1/3 cup, which is a good size serving, and it’s nice and salty and sweet and has a nice mix of textures, and it combines protein and fiber which is the perfect afternoon snack!

My friend is going to put me on one of her guest meals in the dining hall, which is beyond nice of her. I still feel seriously sick (I finally gave in and made an appointment at campus health tomorrow- my latest concern is that I might be anemic, because I have a lot of the symptoms) so it’s going to be nice not to have to cook, and also to get to catch up with her!



p.s. um, awesome giveaway?< at run to the finish.

No comments: