Saturday, March 21, 2009

Awake and a little annoyed about it

I am on this new (annoying) internal clock where I seem unable to sleep in anymore. So I woke up this morning at like 8:30, even though I could’ve slept as LATE AS I WANTED! I am just not a cool college kid.

That being said, it’s a lovely sunny day, and I’m looking forward to a gym trip. I also have a LOT of school work to do, but I’m hoping I can get some of it done in a pleasant environment.

It’s unlikely that I’ll blog breakfast very often, one because I’m usually in a hurry when I’m eating it and two because I usually have oatmeal, and everyone and their mom in the food blogger world has oats for breakfast, often with far more creative combinations than mine.

oatmeal zoom

Today’s oatmeal was Quaker quick oats, made with half milk and half water, with 3 chopped dried apricots, microwaved on 80% power for 3 minutes and 45 seconds.

breakfast afar

On the side I had Trader Joe’s Irish breakfast tea (I like Irish breakfast even better than English breakfast- apparently one is Assam and one is Ceylon—couldn’t tell you which was which) with a splash of skim milk. I also had grapes, and a tablespoon of slivered almonds, which I later sprinkled over my oatmeal.

No comments: