Tuesday, March 31, 2009

buen almuerzo

 

So I had a free Chipotle coupon that was set to expire yesterday. Since I already had my delicious dinner planned, I got takeout and saved it for lunch today after my rather intense three hour seminar (!) and before my over the phone job interview at 2 (!!!).

DSCF0433

I am really not the hugest Chipotle fan, but free food is free food! Part of it is just that I think their burritos are offensively large- either you don’t eat everything and are wasteful or you consume like 3,000 calories in one sitting. However, the burrito bowl is a decent option, which is what I got, vegetarian, with rice, black beans, fajita veggies, pico de gallo, and guacamole.

DSCF0431

I also added my own, low-fat cheese, since Chipotle’s is fattier and they always give you SO MUCH! It made for a perfect ratio of warm to cool, rich to zesty.

 DSCF0432

I loved getting the pico. I tend to not buy tomatoes in the winter because they’re overpriced and just not as good, but in this fresh tasting salsa they were yummy. And actually, they gave me ridiculous amounts of guacamole and pico, so I saved them for a delicious meal I’m planning for tomorrow!

 DSCF0434

The flavors were really nice- I love grilled veggies. I wish I knew how to grill!

No comments: