Tuesday, November 24, 2009

bosom of my family

I’m homey home home! Homey McHomerson! Homity home!

It is so, so, so, miraculous, to go home, and HAVE YOUR MOTHER MAKE YOU DINNER.

Oh the joy!

And yknow, the apple didn’t fall far from the tree.

DSCF2907

So we have a gorgey sweet potato, oven baked (microwaving them is soooooooo much faster but oven baking them just tastes soooooooo much better), along with

DSCF2905

Spinach salad dressed with

DSCF2903

My mama’s dressing that I was craving so much the other day- seriously, just oil, vinegar, and HANDFULS of whatever fresh herbs we have on hand- on this particular occasion, the usual parsley and the last of the chives and oregano from the deck.

Finally, tilapia:

DSCF2904

My mom was all “Arrgh, the food blogger’s back, I have to make this look pretty!”

I am exhausting.

I love home so much!

9 comments:

Shannon, Tropical Eats said...

hahah love the quote your mom said about the food blogger's back! My brother used to say that to me all of the time at home. That dressing is such a great idea! And so simple too :)

Anonymous said...

yay for moms! enjoy yours and being home!

Food Makes Fun Fuel said...

That last quote is too funny. I don't even know if my mom knows I blog; she might just think I like to photograph things

The Purple Carrot said...

Haha, yay for mom's!!! :)

(Okay, so i just realized hat "greensandjeans" said that exact same thing and I promise, I didn't notice until AFTER I said it! ;)

Anonymous said...

it's so nice to be home. You never know what you have till you are away. :(

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Great food! And I love that you are having a great time with your family! :)

MJC said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Bethany said...

I love it!! It looks delicious! :)

Anonymous said...

Ha my Mum does that now, makes my meals look pretty for my blog. Bless em!

Taylor