Thursday, June 4, 2009

fruit n nut

After spending a lot of last night being rather cold in SOAKING WET clothes, I woke up with a sore throat. I hope I don’t get sick! I had a nice, nourishing, soothing breakfast of tea with lemon and honey and oatmeal. This breakfast also matched our gloomy weather.

DSCF1262

I haven’t bothered to post breakfasts lately, because I’ve been having either PB+B oats or yogurt and cereal messes, which you’ve seen, but today I mixed up my oatmeal medley, inspired by the so-called Perfect Oatmeal at Starbucks, but better because it was lovely stovetop oats rather than narsty instant.

DSCF1263

This mix was 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup milk; 1/2 cup plus a little bit water, because dried fruit soaks it up; my fruit mix of 1 tablespoon craisins and 1 tablespoon mixed currants and a wee bit of golden raisin; and my nut mix of 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped, and 1 tablespoon slivered almonds.

DSCF1264

All mixed and messy! The oats/fruit/nuts ratio was perfect, and I’m glad I took the time to do a mix of different kinds of fruits and different kinds of nuts. Variety is the spice of life!

No comments: