Thursday, September 24, 2009

confused stomach

I had a weird weird food day. Following my perfectly satisfying lunch, I was still RAVENOUSLY hungry and wanted carbity carbity carbs, so I had several handfuls of cereal from the box.

But then I worked out, using all those sugars to fuel me, and then I felt better. And then had, like, noooo appetite for my usual afternoon snack. And was feeling repulsed by grains due to my earlier bonanza.

But then it started to be around dinnertime, and praise be! I was hungry and knew what I wanted. My brain went taco salad taco salad taco salad! I’m tragically low on groceries, I’d been prep cooking through the afternoon (for the fun event I’m having tomorrow!), and there’s the student union mere blocks away that serves, you guess it, taco salad.

DSCF2241

Ahhh. To go into a bit more deets, this salad featured steak for protein and jalapenos for oomph:

DSCF2242

When I get this kind of pick-your-meat food, I often go with steak, cause it’s a great source of iron and it’s such a pain to prepare well at home, hah.

I also got THREE KINDS OF SALSA! Happy belly :D

DSCF2243

Left: pico, lower center: pineapple, right: corn. Mmm.

And there was, yknow, lettuce, fajita veggies, and olives. The usual. I didn’t feel like cheese, and I didn’t miss it.

Since I had a pretty calorie-burning workout and such a weird food day, I decided that obviously I should get some ice cream:

DSCF2244

At the student they have awesome, all-natural, hormone-free, Massachusetts-made ice cream. I got PUMPKIN, my FAVE!

6 comments:

Selba said...

Ice cream with pumpkin flavor? Wow.. that's very new to me, would love to try it someday :)

Lindsay said...

Pumpkin ice cream sounds so good!

Simones Kitchen said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Sounds like you indeed had a very interesting foodday yesterday! But well, the pumpkin icecream must be the best!

Astra Libris said...

Mmmm, I love pumpkin ice cream! :-) Your taco salad sounds delish! All those salsas are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Now THAT is a great looking salad. I find that mexican places make the best ones, probably because of the wonderful array of toppings they have - uh EXTRA salsa all the way!!!! :)

lisa (dandysugar) said...

Ok, that pumpkin ice cream? To die for. Love anything pumpkin. I think we all have our strange food days, eh? I certainly do. Great looking dishes! And thanks so much for visiting my blog. =)