Thursday, December 24, 2009

christmas colors

Thanks for all your nice comments on my pity party of a post yesterday. I’m much less whiny today, in part because my life has been greatly improved by this video my adorable sister sent me:

I can totally relate, girl.

In other news, OH EM GEE TOMORROW IS CHRISTMAS! Following a frantic last minute trip to Old Navy this morning (where I waited in line for… half an hour?) I am DONE buying presents and it is ALLOWED to be Christmas! Yay!

Started the day with Christmas oats of Christmas colors!

Step 1: Cut a hole in the box (sorry, different Christmas gift)

Step 1: Put some apple and fresh (in the freezer) cranberries into your oatmeal pot.

 DSCF3213

Step 2: Add water, and cook until you start to see some breakage downage.

DSCF3214

Ultimately, it’ll get all jammy and awesome, at which point you’ll want to add the sweetener of your choice (I like it tart, but even I add a little bit of honey)

DSCF3215

Then oats!

The finished product:

DSCF3217 

Topped with some flax and these bad boys:

DSCF3218

More from our Tower of Treats :D Have I mentioned that I love the holidays?

This bowl had it all- sweet, sour, soft, crunchy, salty!

DSCF3216 

I also made my Ma a bowl of oats worthy of note:

DSCF3219   

Butternut oats! This might’ve even been better than the last time I made it, because she’d roasted the squash with butter and maple syrup so it was already extra delicious. With oats, soymilk (poor Mama has IBS yuck), and currants, it was diiviiiiiine!

Lunch involved more Christmas colors

DSCF3223

That’s more of Astra's whole wheat beer focaccia, a recipe I will likely make as often as possible… for like the rest of my life. It’s SO PERF! And also more of my mom’s awesome hummus.

Aaaaand red and green salad of Christmas goodness!

DSCF3224

Lettuce, red pepper, shrooms, leftover salmon, and Annie’s gingerly vinaigrette!

Hurray hurray it’s Christmas Eve!

1 comment:

Sasha said...

I adore that video! I discovered it like a month ago and watch it quite often. I hope you don't have it as bad as that couple though, and try not to brood in your boy-induced misery too much...it just takes some time.

Merry Christmas!

<3