Tuesday, May 22, 2012

mission accomplished

Mission: Recolonize my gut, after committing bacteria-cide via antibiotics. After taking so many science classes, I seriously felt like I was killing my friends. They make you Vitamin K!

Mission accomplished.

  IMG_0059

Sooo expensive. And damn, delicious.

Mission: get it together and actually study for finals. Rather than wander around the house eating.

Mission (reluctantly) accomplished. But accomplished it was. Straight A’s for the first time in my life. In… community college.

Aided in this by studying at the shiny new library near me. Weird, weird parking:

 IMG_0060 

A lone Prius was parked in the four parking spaces. Odd.

Mission: eat all the leftovers in the fridge, of the rampant takeout my mom got when I was off sailing (she turns into an adorable frat boy)

Mission EASILY accomplished. Yuca fries and dipping sauces, plus beans, from when she got Peruvian chicken on Saturday. Mashed sweet potatoes and creamed spinach from when she got rotisserie chicken on Sunday. Plus celery, to eat something vaguely virtuous.

DSC00556 

Mission: use up another gazillion bruised apples I saved from being thrown away at work.

Mission accomplished, by making applesauce for the gazillionth time.

Vair delicious atop yogurt.

 DSC00589

Plus a salad.

 DSC00590

Tasty: tuna and avocado should be friends. And snow peas.

 DSC00591

Mission: wish Erica (one of the new Americorps people Steve works with) well; she’s getting married soon.

Mission accomplished. Dinner at The Lost Dog Cafe. Vair cute.

The groom to be got the porkiest sandwich I have ever beheld.

DSC00652 

Steve and I split a pretty boss pizza: whole wheat crust, feta, tomatoes, spinach, pine nuts. Quite decadent.

DSC00654

No comments: